Guide to AWS CWI seminar and examination. (Year 2023) (Rev.0)
Feb.25 (Busan) / March (Busan) /
Exam Fee (VAT included):
New: USD 1,128 USD + KRW 880,000 (Part A/B/C exam fee, AWS official textbook provided, online video lecture (A/B/C), Part B practice training 1 day (Busan))
Retest: (no textbook)
1) Part A & C (2 courses): 760 USD + 660,000 won
2) Part A & B (2 courses): 700 USD + 660,000 won
3) Part B & C (2 courses): 700 USD + 660,000 won
4) Part A (1 course): 400 USD + 300,000 won
5) Part B (1 course): 340 USD + 330,000 won
6) Part C (1 course): 400 USD + 300,000 won
7) 3 subjects: 800 USD + 770,000 won
Deposit Method : Deposit the amount indicated above in USD and Korean currency respectively
1) USD: KEB Hana Bank 453-910008-24432 / KETC KOREA CO.,LTD.
2) Hanwha: KEB Hana Bank 453-910006-35404 / KT Korea Co., Ltd.
Forex transfer method:
1) Visit a bank and transfer foreign currency
** You must inform the bank clerk that all fees are borne by the sender (Caution!)
** If the foreign currency deposit amount is insufficient, you will have to remittance and additional fees will be incurred.
** Occasionally, bank clerks may ask KETC's the branch name. Just tell them,it as a foreign currency-only passbook in Korea.
2) Foreign currency transfer using Internet Banking.
Seminar will be conducted by KETC's tutors who have CWI certification.
Provide CWI training material and lunch during seminar.
Official AWS training material will be mailed after completion of application process.
Required Experience for Candidates
High School Min. 5 Years welding related work experience.
Engineering Degree at University (College) : Min. 3 Years welding related work experience.
* Engineering includes Engineering Technology, Engineering, Physical Sciences .
* Welding related work : Design Engineer, Production Engineer, QC Engineer, Construction Engineer, Fabrication engineer, Welding Engineer, Welder, Welding supervisor etc.
Exam (Each part of exam – 2 Hours )
Part A Fundamentals (150 Questions) – 2 Hours
Part B Practical (46 Questions) – 2 Hours
Part C Open Book Code (API1104 2013 -21Edition 60 Questions / AWS D1.1/D1.1M: 2015 - 50 Questions) – 2 Hours
CWI - score more than 72% each part (Renewal is required every 3 years)
- less than 72% of each part
- Ave. of 3 parts is less than 72% : retest to all 3 parts.