Guide to AWS CWI seminar and examination. (2020) (Rev.1)
Exam Date in 2020
1) March 14 (Busan) - Part B
2) July 11 (Busan) - Part B
3) October 24 (Busan) - Part B
CWI examination :
** Choose Exam Language : English,Chinese,Spanish,Russian,Portuguese,Japanese, Korean.
1) Submit application
2) Part B exam: Practical exam (@ Agent test facility)
3) Part A & C; CBT at AWS designated online test site (Usually in Seoul)
Seminar & Exam fee (including VAT)
New : 1,055 USD + 880,000 KRW
1) Part A & C (2Parts) : 708 USD + 660,000 KRW
2) Part A & B (2Parts) : 648 USD + 660,000 KRW
3) Part B & C (2Parts) : 648 USD + 660,000 KRW
4) Part A (1Part) : 369 USD + 550,000 KRW
5) Part B (1Part) : 309 USD + 660,000 KRW
6) Part C (1Part) : 369 USD + 550,000 KRW
7) 3 Parts : 749 USD + 770,000 KRW
** Additional Seminar for Part A & C will be held, in case more than 20 candidates are requesting.
Closing : Max. 50 people.
How to apply : After confirmed remittance of fee, AWS's application and guide will be sent each candidate.
Inquiry : Ikno Lee (Tel: 031-698-3376)
Remit fee and online register (www.asmeketc.com/register)
Prepare CWI exam application
Submit to AWS application after review of agent.
Seminar will be conducted by KETC's tutors who have CWI certification.
Provide CWI training material and lunch during seminar.
Official AWS training material will be mailed after completion of application process.
Required Experience for Candidates
High School Min. 5 Years welding related work experience.
Engineering Degree at University (College) : Min. 3 Years welding related work experience.
* Engineering includes Engineering Technology, Engineering, Physical Sciences .
* Welding related work : Design Engineer, Production Engineer, QC Engineer, Construction Engineer, Fabrication engineer, Welding Engineer, Welder, Welding supervisor etc.
Exam (Each part of exam – 2 Hours )
Part A Fundamentals (150 Questions) – 2 Hours
Part B Practical (46 Questions) – 2 Hours
Part C Open Book Code (API1104 2013 -21Edition 60 Questions / AWS D1.1/D1.1M: 2015 - 50 Questions) – 2 Hours
CWI - score more than 72% each part (Renewal is required every 3 years)
- less than 72% of each part
- Ave. of 3 parts is less than 72% : retest to all 3 parts.